• China is WiFi only working in one spot of your apartment (making FaceTiming home difficult) (only one person being able to ft at a time).
• China is walking through the city in the pouring rain and flooded streets to get to Chinese training.
• China is trying to remember 55+ teachers names (and forgetting your own Chinese name).
• China is children crying when they see your white face (or thinking that me as Ashley Callahan are the same person).
• China is when it takes you an hour and a half to buy bread and you can’t figure out why everyone at the store is staring at you (still not sure what we were doing wrong).
• China is being in elevators 24/7. Literally every day. All day. We live on the 14th floor.
• China is being served hot water/tea on a 95 degree day when all you want is ice.
• But China is also filled with the most amazing people, beautiful places, and some of my most treasured memories.
It has been an unexplainable journey here so far (one we have done a horrible job of blogging 😬). I know that I have loved being here and getting to know the teachers. Each one of them has been so kind to us and treated us like family. Through them we have been able to learn about the Chinese culture, try so many new things, and build relationship that I know will last beyond our flight home. I know that I have learned so much about God, myself, and evangelism over few monthes that I can’t wait to see what the last two weeks have in store.