The best way to guarantee God gets the glory is to make sure you don’t. Show compassion undercover. See if you can get away with it!
Here’s some ideas to get you going. Stop. Pray. Get creative!
- Deliver a bouquet of flowers to your local hospital, and ask a staff member to take it to the person who needs it most.
- Give dollar store coloring books and crayons to your hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Bake cookies or muffins, and deliver them to your neighbors or someone new to the neighborhood.
- Send a care package to deployed troops, veterans or wounded soldiers.
- Offer to make meals for a grieving family at the church. Yvonne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put some snacks in the teachers’ lounge at your child’s school.
- Commit to pray daily for an individual, family or missionary, and see what God does as a result.
- Pay anonymously for the meal of a soldier at a restaurant where you’re eating.
- Collect all the extra carts in a grocery store parking lot and put them into the corral.
- Donate clothing or basic household supplies to the Lighthouse Ministry.
- Donate your lightly used or new baby items to Hope Academy to be given to refugees. HopeAcademySavannah.com