At Compassion Christian Church we believe the local church should be proactive in discovering God’s direction for our global involvement and equipping workers for the harvest promised by Jesus.
We want to help each person prayerfully find their unique role in Kingdom impact. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of being a sent missionary of CCC we want to walk alongside you from the beginning of your sensing this call. Please come talk with us even if you are just beginning to consider missions. We want to encourage and guide you along the way. If you sense that God might be leading you into extended missionary/cross-cultural service we want to help clarify this path.
We believe your path to being a sent missionary of CCC is a thorough process. The expectation is that you will enter this process through prayer with a humble, teachable spirit and a willingness to grow even as you prepare. This process will take no less than 18 months. Rather than focusing on the number of missionaries we send, our goal is healthy, equipped, mature servants who are strategically effective and culturally relevant.
Fulfilling Our Acts 1:8 Mandate
Compassion Christian Church is excited about partnering with you in fulfilling Jesus’ command to witness in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth! We believe He wants us to mobilize our members as His ambassadors and our partners. Let’s walk that path together!
Initial Steps to Service
- Talk with someone on the Global Outreach Team. Let them help you in the process of confirming God’s call and leading in your life.
- Join our Global Outreach community. Commit to participate in Global Outreach’s local and/or global ministry and events.
- Meet with a Global Outreach Pastor or Missions Mobilizer. Set up a time to formally discuss your thoughts and the global possibilities.
- Develop a Wisdom team. Identify 6 – 10 people who are willing to help you develop a plan of action and timeline for your journey of preparation. We’ll help you with this important step.
- Select a Sending Agency. Connecting with a missions sending agency and the valuable resources they provide is imperative if you want to partner with CCC Global Outreach. After completing steps 1-4 we will help you identify the right sending agency, ask the right questions and talk with our existing key partnerships.
Requirements for Missionary Service
Those who want to become one of CCC’s sent missionaries will be evaluated by the following guidelines.
- Relationship to CCC. Candidates must be members of CCC in full agreement with our Statement of Faith and willing to submit to the authority of the Church Elders as their spiritual leaders.
- Planned strategic impact. We value a ministry focus which aligns with the direction and impact we believe the Lord is calling our church to have in our world.
- Personal qualifications. Candidates must exhibit a consistent, Godly character and requisite qualifications/education/skills. They must demonstrate their heart for ministry by serving with CCC over a period of time sufficient for leaders to evaluate their gifting, conviction and readiness for cross-cultural service. Generally, a minimum of two years of documented service is necessary.
- Sending Agency. CCC has developed relationships with sending agencies which align in purpose and Biblical values. These agencies have a proven track record of providing:
- Appropriate pre-field training and ongoing learning opportunities
- Quality leadership including regular field supervision and evaluations
- Regular missionary care and, as needed, professional counseling services
- Medical insurance
- Other necessary support
For more information about becoming a sent missionary with Compassion Christian Church contact Global Outreach Pastor, Dave Stewart, at firstname.lastname@example.org